November 3, 2010 was unusually warm in Oregon and SW Washington. Some all-time record high temperatures were set or tied at several locations.
From Steve Pierce of the Oregon chapter of the American Meteorological Society:
Here are the final high temperatures for the date. These four stations either tied or exceeded their all-time record high temperatures for the entire month of November. Some of these records date back as far as 119 years —
- Seattle / Tacoma (SeaTac) Airport – 74. Ties all-time record November high of 74 set in 1949 (61 yrs ago). Records date back to 1948.
- Vancouver, Washington – 72. Ties all-time record November high set in 1908 (102 yrs ago). Records date back to 1891.
- Salem, Oregon – 74. New all-time record November high. Previous record was 72 set in 1970. Records date back to 1893.
- Astoria, Oregon – 73. New all-time record November high. Previous record was 71 set in 1999. Records date back to 1953.
- Corvallis, Oregon – 72. Missed the all-time November record by 1 degree (73 on November 1 and 2, 1890). records date back to 1889.